Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Inspiration for this blog...

As I've started to accumulate a growing collection of sketches that i've done of puppy characters, I've decided to start a blog dedicated to it. Here i'll post my latest puppy scribbles with some descriptions and stories that may relate.
I'll also probably feature photos of my two muses, Sam and Leela. Sam is a ten year old kelpie cross, and Leela is a four year old short haired border collie/kelpie cross. They are my inspiration for what transpires in most of these sketches and my motivation to draw dogs.
This love of drawing dogs has also been able to assist my in my career as a toy designer, where I have been responsible for doing the dog character designs and branding aesthetics for toys such as Pawphans, and dog brands such as Me Mate and Paw Talk. I have worked on these brands as the senior illustrator for Australian toy company, Moose Enterprise.
I hope any of you dog lovers who may read this will enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed drawing them.
What you will see in this blog is a collection of sketches that i do in my free time at home, outside of my day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment