Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The walk... or is it a social event?


The walk. Dogs love it more than life itself I think. The chance to get out into your neighbourhood, check your messages and leave a few of your own. I can only be so grateful that humans do not feel the urge to check where other humans have peed. That could certainly make for some very uncomfortable social events!
We humans like the walk because its a chance to give us and the dogs some much needed exercise. Mind you Alana walks the dogs a heck of a lot more than me, but I still feel expert enough to comment on this! My pet hate however, is how many times the dogs feel they need to stop to sniff things!...and seriously don't get me started on how much pee one dog can possibly hold on to! They must have bionic bladders.
Do you reckon that dogs in medieval times did the same when they went outdoors with their owners. What about natives in the deepest jungles? Do they take their dogs for a walk? Do they find themself standing there tapping their foot and scratching their top knot as lil rover marks his territory?

No comments:

Post a Comment